Neead a pair of handle index parts for an HP 833A Spectrum Analyzer mainframe.

These attach to the carrying handle and let you adjust the position. Need both the handle part and the chassis part.

The handle part is cylindrical and about an inch in diameter. The chassis part is a rectangular square with machined rings in it.

Used condition fine.

Also need a new lid if the price is reasonable.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Ebay has kits like that. Folks that insert equipment into rack mounts and the like never use those kits and some of them are smart enough to sell them. You can also buy it from HP as a kit, but I assumed that you knew that already and posted looking for a cheaper route. After spending not to many personal hours looking though, you could have simply bought the HP kit.

Reply to
WallyWallWhackr

Thanks for the tip, but this is the pivot for the tilt handle, and is not involved in the rack mount stuff.

Also HP has discontinued all parts support for this item. But possibly the same handle pivot is used on something newer.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

I wouldn't bet on it. They don't discontinue an item, until it is either NLA from their supplier, or every piece of equipment that used it has dropped off the end of long term support. I can find no reference to HP 833A, except for this message. IS that the right model number?

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Oops 853A. pectrum analyzer mainframe. Agilent shows no parts support except for a user manual.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

The HP853A is a rack mount mainframe for the 8557A/8558A/8559A spectrum analyzer plugins. I can't tell what you're trying to accomplish, but if you want portable, swapping for the much more common HP180A (smaller screen), HP181A (storage scope, small screen) or HP182T (large screen, storage scope) mainframes might be a better alternative to finding the case parts. I have one buried somewhere that might work, but I'm not sure about mainframe compatibility to your unspecified plugin.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

one: (928)428-4073

Silly. Folks that do the rack installs have the HANDLE KIT as surplus.

There are hundreds if not thousands of them out there.

Reply to
WallyWallWhackr

All I need is ONE. Price and availability?

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

enough left over to pay them.