NEC MT1040 Calibration software

This is a shot in the dark but just thought I would ask.

Ive got a NEC MT1040 projector that needs to be calibrated. I understand that special software is needed to do this. I also understand that its proprietary software from NEC.

My problem is that my colors are off. I think its called convergence. The projector displays several colored lines instead of just one line.

Anyone have any idea how to repair this myself or on the cheap?

Thanks,

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  Coffee

In many (all?) projectors, this is a matter of *physically* aligning the three separate lcd panels. I'm not aware of any which can be aligned electronically.

Has the projector been dropped?

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Wasnt dropped. The previous owner wanted to clean the projector and removed some boards from the inside and reseated them. Im assuming that this wipped out some information stored in them and now the projectors colors are out of alignment.

This is the first time messing around with projectors. I dont have alot of experience with them but Iam experienced in electronics.

He was telling me that he wanted to clean some dust out of the inside and had an other person come over. They removed some circuit boards from the inside and after they reseated them the picture was off. He went into the settings on the projector but couldnt fix the problem.

The only thing that I have been able to dig up is the service guild on the projector and it mentions software needed to "recalibrate" the projector. Even gives the program needed:

(cut from pdf service guild) Equipment to be used and working environment

· Servicing adjustment software (Ser_99mt.exe Ver1.0) Attached files: V-T Data, etc. · Personal computer [which allows Windows95 or Windows3.1 to operate and the serial port (COM1 or COM2 or COM3) is of the D-SUB9pin.]

(end of qoute)

It mentions "Ghost control" and was thinking that might be what Im interested in correcting.

You know, Any help you can provide on the subject would be fantastic. I just cannot believe that such a device would have to be sent in for repair because the software is not available or not released for the general public to use to calibrate it.

--
     Thanks,

           Coffee
Reply to
coffee

serial port (COM1 or COM2

Im going to look into adjustment of the "lcd panels" that you talked about.

I dont see them mentioned in the service guild but maybe they are called something else instead. Just like IBM calls a printhead on a laser printer a "ROS Assembly". .

--
     Thanks,

           Coffee
Reply to