NEC MT1040 Bulp repair

I own a NEC Multisync MT1040 Projector. The lifetime of the Bulp is aprox. 2000h But after about 1000h the lamp get very dark an there is only little contrast left. Is it possible just to change the bulb an not the whole frame? Where do I get information and the bulp? Do someone know anything?

Please answer in newsgroup, cause I don't check the email.

Thanx, Reiner

Reply to
Reiner Schall

Reiner, Lamp life depends on many things including how well the lamp was made in the first place. Don't forget to clean the filter often. If clogged, it makes the lamp run hotter than normal, and that can shorten its life. A few other things to keep in mind: 1. any time you turn the projector on, let it run at least five minutes before you shut it down. 2. Don't unplug the projector for several minutes (until the fans stop) after turning it off. 3. As with any high temp lamp, never touch the glass with your fingers (skin oil will cause damage). If there is a "generic" number on the glass, you may be able to find a replacement by doing a search on that number... but you will likely not save much money that way assuming you can find just the bulb. Try

for a replacement. I have a service manual in .pdf format if you need it. It's a big 'un... about 12 Megs.

Ray

--

My return addy is spamblocked. To reply, remove the zeroes.
Reply to

Thanks again, Ray.

Last year you helped me with the service manual. By the way: I couldn't fix the problem. I had to gave the projector away. The problem was what I sugested - a fuse. But I couldn't find the fuse within the projector, even with the manual. Nevertheless thank you again.

Reiner

Reply to
Reiner Schall

Hi Ray and Reiner. I also am searching for a copy of the service manual for a NEC MT1040 data projector as I have one with problems (I have spent a lot of tim searching the NET, all to no avail). If anybody has a cop electronically, would they be able to advise me as to how I ca obtain/download it. Many thanks in advance. Regards Jim

--
radio jim
Reply to

Hi Ray, Reiner, Sandy, Jim, anyone!

I'm searching for this manual too. If anyone could help me I'd reall appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, dizman

--
dizman
Reply to