National Semiconductor logo

Anyone know when it changed to eg

from the older double squiggle one eg
number 328

N Cook

Sometime between 1990 and 1997, can anyone narrow down closer ?

Reply to
N Cook

The first wayback page pushes it back to 1996

N Cook

July of 1994.

Meat Plow

Anybody remember what it was before that "older" one, and when that one was dropped?

Isaac

Reply to
isw

the earliest NS databook I have is 1976 and that has the double S/N squiggle

Reply to
N Cook

an impressive bit of detective work, thanks

Reply to
N Cook

Easy enough using google and the right key words :)

Reply to
Meat Plow

Back in the '60's, until (I don't remember), it was a pair of angular block letter "N"s, one upright "N", the other on its side "S". sort of like the wonderful "SUN" logo.

Isaac

Reply to
isw

one

squiggle

like on this pic of a memory MM1103N of 1973 ?

N Cook

Yup. I don't know when they abandoned it.

Isaac

Reply to
isw

My impression is that the logo changed from the old horizontal parallel S squiggle to the new stylised N, sometime after mid 1994, just over mid-way through the tenure of CEO Gil Amelio.

This photo June '94 4004 device shows the old logo

Ross Herbert

Actually, it seems that the old logo may be called the "Stacked N" trade mark and the new one is the "Stylized N" Worldmark.

Ross Herbert

It seems that the first use of the Stylized N by National Semiconductor may have been in June 1994.

The official filing date for the trademark is Feb 15, 1996.

Reply to
Ross Herbert