Nakamichi TA2, tuner amp of 1988

Tuner works but nothing on any input function speakers or phones. Cold testing what is accessible of the amp seems ok. I suspect uPC1237 protect area, probably drift causing false protect, but not removed the top board to probe that area yet. Good SM is out there. Any known drift component in those amps over 30 years? Plenty of yellow peril, now dark brown, milk-glue but tuner working , where marginal conductivity would show up.

Reply to
N_Cook

A power supply electrolytic cap along with the brown glue can cause this problem. It should have high ESR. Haven't repaired one in the last 18 years so I can't give you the cap no..

Chuck