My wife picked up a TV

Arrgh! I wrote a long response and then I got a white screen of, "I lost it all." The purchaser did put the pcb in the mail one day after Ebay's suggested mail by date. Now I just wait to see if it is the same pcb I sent him. I don't know if it will help me but I have posted the picture of my marking on the pcb to several sites, even maid a faux ebay listing (showing the markings on my pcb) with a very high price so no one will buy it. I worked at at electronics repair center in the 80's and early 90's, I did all the VCR repair, which was all component level repair. It was a great place to work, the owner was an authorized service center for over

80 companies, which meant we had service manuals for most of them. I performed service on over 11,000 VCR's in the 10 years I was there. It's common to have the same problem, so after you have repaired a few, you know what it needs by the customers description. When VCR prices got near $250 to $200, people started making the decision to buy a new one rather than repair. I had thoughts about DVD repair, but glad I didn't start that because the prices came down quick on those. I got out of repair and moved to Florida. My timing was pretty good, I told one of the other tech's I was leaving and he might want to take over my repairs, (I made the most money at the shop), but by the next year when I visited he said he was only coming in 3 days a week, and had another job.
Reply to
amdx

I got my original PCB back. My only hope is a plea for fairness and honesty I sent to the buyer. I sent pointing out I sent a working pcb and he had probably found out by now the inverter pcb was not the problem with his customers TV, and I didn't think it was fair for him to use me as source of troubleshooting parts. I ask him to pay the shipping cost, I'm waiting for a response. I know fat chance, but I would comply with that request, if I found I was in error about the troubleshooting. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I find that "All sales final" is an excellent remedy against frivolous purchases. But, then, I have not sold anything on eBay for some years now. What with Kutztown and specialized groups, that need has been greatly reduced.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

rchases. But, then, I have not sold anything on eBay for some years now. Wh at with Kutztown and specialized groups, that need has been greatly reduced .

There are ebay vendors who sell parts with a no return policy, but I unders tand that there's still warranty protection through ebay/paypal if the part is wrong or defective. Supposedly, the ebay seller fees are higher if you sell a part with no return, but like you, I haven't sold anything on ebay for years.

Reply to
John-Del

So far the returner has not responded to my email about making me whole. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

purchases. But, then, I have not sold anything on eBay for some years now. What with Kutztown and specialized groups, that need has been greatly redu ced.

derstand that there's still warranty protection through ebay/paypal if the part is wrong or defective. Supposedly, the ebay seller fees are higher if you sell a part with no return, but like you, I haven't sold anything on e bay for years.

.

You of course are correct, but I don't think the option is yours. Ebay wil l protect the buyer no matter how wrong they are.

TV "shop" guessed wrong (didn't do the proper diagnostics) and expects you to pay for the shipping. If you sell any other parts I suppose the best op tion is to sell with a no-return policy and pay a bit more in carry fees.

Reply to
John-Del

It gets worse :-) I used free shipping, so I paid shipping both directions! Live and learn, although that TV was a one time thing. And just to pile on, I donated the proceeds of the first two PCB sales to this young lady on a life adventure, living in a van and traveling.

Click her name to go to the page showing all her videos.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

No-one sent me money on my time-out trip. Maybe I should have worn whatever she's wearing?

NT :)

Reply to
tabbypurr

I watch for the story not the pictures! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

All of the rednecks around here are Democrats, and many are on welfare.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.