My 1999 Toyota 4Runner digital clock is kaput (any ideas?)

Any ideas how to fix the $250 Toyota 4Runner digital clock?

Reply to
Y Knot

plasma cutter

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Angle grinder. (Here we go again.)

Reply to
JW

A stick on clock over it?

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

Air chisel.

Reply to
PeterD

Junk yard?

Personally, for something that old, I'd just get a cheap stick on clock from the local chinese crap stuff sellers...

Reply to
PeterD

Ebay is your friend :

If the link doesn't work search Ebay item 130341554541

JC

Reply to
Archon

If you have to ask, it is probably beyond your skill set. But have you tried taking it out and cleaning all the connections, looking for bare or shorted wires, etc? No idea how many boards and bells and whistles the thing has, but unless it has trip functions or something, most are pretty simple. Wander around in the junkyard, and see if any other years and models are interchangeable. Does it not show numbers at all, or is the light just out? If the latter, the bulbs are usually replaceable.

The folks over in the Toyota truck groups may have better suggestions and hints.

--
aem sends...
Reply to

First, the OBVIOUS. Are BOTH fuses good? It needs 2 power sources (and on some a third for lighting or dimming.

If they are all good the wreckers are your friend. I believe pickup clocks also fit - and there used to be several applications where by changing the plastic you could use a totally different application's clock.

Reply to
clare

Why bother. It's accurate twice a day; more than you could say when it was 'working'.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill47

Hi there, I had a similar problem with my 2000 Camry LE. I went to the dealer to get a new one, but they quoted me 300+ tax. I went on Ebay and found someone who would fix the clock and ship it back to me. That was about 2.5 yrs ago and the clock is still working fine. Mine is the external thermometer/clock combo. I think it was around 50 bucks for the shipping and repair.

I believe this was the guy that did it:

camryguy

ya, run it off in a river and buy an American car.

--
Steve Barker
Steve Barker

Why would he want a downgrade?

--
You keep your K00L-Aid.
I'll have TEA.

Maybe he's tired of taking a Toyota in every other week for the recalls.........

Reply to
Kruse

An old joke that probably doesn't apply to a digital clock.

Reply to
Kruse

It's never right, and it's never wrong. ;-)

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You'd be better off asking in a toyota centric newsgroup. There's at least three high traffic toyota groups in the alt.autos domain, including trucks.

nb

Reply to
notbob

I know. My 1985 Corolla and my 1995 Tercel were both recalled for the EXACT SAME THING! Ten years apart, and you would think they would learn to tighten the ground screw on the radio antenna properly!

Jeeze, I tell ya.

--
You keep your K00L-Aid.
I'll have TEA.