multiple antenna installation

This is somewhat of an off topic question but it does pertain partially to my 77. I recently bought at auction a 2010 Dodge Charger which was a forme r New Hampshire state police car. There are three holes, One hole is in the center of the roof. Another is further back about two inches from the top of the rear windshield, and the last one is in the center of the trunk. The y look like the type of holes that would be cut out for mounting NMO bases.

This is actually very convenient because I have a low band (around 42MHZ } business radio, and a Yaesu FT857 mobile radio with a DTMF microphone. I wo uld like to use the Yaesu on both 2 and 6 meters, and I would also like to make provisions for using one of my PRC77's on 51MHZ from time to time as well.

So I want to install three antennas on the car. These would all be NMO type quarter wave base loaded whip antennas. The configuration I considered is as follows: The 42MHZ antenna would be in the center of the roof The six me ter whip would be behind it and the 2 meter antenna would be on the trunk. I figured if I'm not using the 77,(which would probably be a good portion o f the time) I can AB switch the six and two meter antennas into the Yaesu.

I'm not interested in having the best antennas on my car. I already have th e bases, cables, and whips to do all this. I wouldn't have to buy anything. I just want to have a little Ham fun with them while keeping my business c ommunications intact as well. And of course I need to fill the holes...Does it seem like the antennas might interfere with one another? Thanks, Lenny , KC1CPX

Reply to
captainvideo462009

If the antennas end up at least 12" from each other, there should be no int erference or de-tuning.

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 8:38:40 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wro te:

[...]

Terry Schwartz