MOV I.D. Help please

Hey All, I have a lathe with a FUJI-FRENIC Spindle Drive. The machine dates from the lathe 1980s. Today there was a big power surge and one of the

3 MOVs on the input for the drive exploded. A "Super Rapid Fuse", also made by Fuji, blew too. I cut off the bad MOV, replaced the fuse, and the drive works again. Yay for MOVs and Super Rapid Fuses. But I can't find the data for the MOV so I can buy a new set of 3. There are 2 MOVs left in the drive that can be read, the exploded one is completely unreadable. The marking on one MOV is ENB401 40. The other one is marked ENB401 48. I looked at the markings and there is no mistake, one is marked 40 and the other 48. The way the MOVs are mounted in the drive makes it obvious that they were installed as a set. 3 MOVs and 3 capacitors have their leads crimped together into lugs so that the whole assembly can be mounted to 3 screws on the terminal block that holds the fuses. Looking for datasheets all I can find are ENB401D numbers with other numbers that follow the ENB401D characters. So I just don't know how to cross reference what I have to what is available now. Apparently the diameter of the MOV is important as part of the rating. Mine measure 16MM but that is measuring over clear heat shrink so I think the disc inside is actually 14MM. Can anybody here help? Please? I can run the machine without one of the MOVs but I am reluctant to do so, especially because of the weather we are having that is causing the power outages and surges. Thanks, Eric
Reply to
etpm

It just needs to outlast the fuse, so the exact ratings aren't too importan t. Assuming 220V three phase, just about anything in this list will do the tas k.

There's also the NTE resource to find equivalents, which suggests a replacement part, but that part number was an old Fuji one , and not really available nowadays (except 'new-old-stock' at outrageous prices).

Reply to
whit3rd

See page 13.

The last 2 digit are a lot number.

The part number suffix is related to the diameter of the disc.

ENB401D-10A -> 13mm ENB401D-14A -> 17mm ENB401D-20A -> 24mm

Reply to
pbzcbfzragvf

Thanks fo the replies Gents. I have ordered replacements. Eric

Reply to
etpm