motor short ?

I have been looking at a centrifuge, and I have a manual. The manual shows another controller, but the motor windings are supposed to be 4 something ohms which seems reasonable. The unit I have has a different controller and the motor reads about .7 ohms on any leg. There are 3 WYE legs. Seems like the wrong condition, but I can't figure how a short would appear with equal ohms. I'm now tring to unpack the motor to see if I can detect anything.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Probably different motor as well.

--
    sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

subject line.  Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.
Reply to
Samuel M. Goldwasser

Well I seem to agree. I measured different winding points and its never above .7 ohms. I am going to assume its OK. I can't even find reference on the motor manufacturer. The power drive module is really crazy. They went to a lot of trouble to build it, and it near impossible to troubleshoot, allthough I find nothing wrong with the 6 output power mosfets.

greg

Reply to
GregS