Moonlight NV-100 night vision scope how to get it apart?

I bought a busted Moonlight NV-100 night vision scope. It doesn't work. Previous owner started taking it apart without success. I'm stymied too. The back end is loose, but the front is stuck under the lens assembly. The obvous thing would be for the lens to screw off, but it won't with the torque I'm willing to put on it. What's the secret to getting the cover off? I'm expeting to find little more than a HV power supply that I can probably fix. Suggestions? Schematics? Thanks, mike

with links.  Delete this sig when replying.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
mike

You sure it isn't one of those where the front cover is glued in place on the casing- so you pull the entire assembly out of the back?

Just a thought.

-A

Reply to
testing_h

Thanks, but it unscrews. You just have to grit your teeth while a really strong friend twists it off.

Now, I just gotta figger out the power supply. All the parts are good, except I can't really test (or fix) the transformer, it just don't oscillate. mike