Monitor problem

I have quite new LCD Samsung Syncmaster 720n monitor. Since about three days there's a problem. On very start of comuter it shows "Brightness" in center. It appears when it wants with no activity on my side. When I press Auto or Menu button on monitor in disappears for good or for only a second. Anyway it can drive crazy. Do You know where the problem may begin? Is it monitor failure, or graphic card failure? Or something else? Help

Reply to
flocculus

Likely problem with monitor on screen display. If it's "quite new" it's under warranty, have it repaired.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Thanks

Reply to
flocculus

Is there a button on the monitor that would bring up the "brightness" menu? Maybe that switch is faulty, or the casing is mechanically pressing on that switch and activating the menu. Try pressing gently on the casing around that switch and see if it causes or affects the problem.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones