Model Sony KDS 60-A2000 no vertical

Need your help once again group, and this is my own TV. Got the 4 red blinks on the power light. Set won't come up. Web search says this code is loss of verical. I can't find any info other than this. I hoped that this problem would be somewhat common to this particular model with a common fix. I don't have the schematic, but will have to get it if no more info available about this problem. The set is out of warranty and is only about 3 years old. Anyone aware of this as a common issue with this set, and the fix? Thanks group.

Reply to
stokesbr

** There is in fact a huge amount of info on your set on the net - all of it bad news.

Sony rear projection sets like yours ( using SXRD ) are notorious lemons with very high failure rates of the "optical block" . A number of class action law suits against Sony in the USA have been settled or are still in progress over the matter.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

That error code refers to previous models. Yours has no such vertical circuit. More likely a bad lamp.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias