Mitsubishi M1GA no green

It's been a few years of a good TV after I replaced almost all the caps in this set, now it has a new issue. On all video (DVD, tuner etc.) again it seemed like it had AGC issues. This time though, when the picture went to a brite scene it would get washed out and brite then return to normal. This was a bit irritating but I could live with it. Another issue occured only on the upper cable channels (60+) where it would start showing horiz slashes that would stack up in a diagonal pattern. They would keep increasing until it reached a point where it would lose sync turn black and make a hideous buzzing sound in the audio. This could last several seconds then it will snap back and lock and everything would be fine again. I don't know that these issues are related but last night after the buzz when the picture came back, it seems as if I lost the green gun and now I have a magenta picture. The tube may be shot (it certainly is old enough) but I'm not in a position to get a new one. If this sounds like anything familiar let me know. I'm going to look at the caps on the neck (about the only ones I haven't changed) but that's about all the mojo I have. If you can help, tia.

Reply to
Floyd Gilmour

I lost green on a Hitachi TV recently. It turned out to be a dry joint on the neck circuit.

Reply to
hooch

I tried relacing a few caps on the neck but that didn't get it. I notice now if I go to the upper channels that it won't screw up any more and I noticed that the tint has no effect. Does anyone know the part number of the jungle ic so I can get a datasheet? The ic is covered with a shield and a few components and could be messy to remove just for a part number. Any help would be appreciated. Tia.

Reply to
Floyd Gilmour