Mitsubishi HS-U410 - need parts

I need the following parts for a Mits. HS-U410 VCR. All these parts are NLA from Mitsubishi, and this model is probably too new (1996) for any aftermarket parts to have been made for it. If anyone has any of these parts laying around, I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

522B057030 Idler assembly

439D039010 or 439P031010 Mode switch - I believe these may be interchangeable - the 2nd number is listed for the HS-U410(C) Canadian model. I don't know why the Canadian version would use a different mode switch than the U.S. version.

752C160020 or 0030 Cassette door. The tab that lifts the door when ejecting the tape is broken off and missing.

Mike WB2MEP

Reply to
Mike WB2MEP

Dou you need the idler assembly or just the rubber tire?

Basically go here, enter the parts needed in the partsfinder form , and the guys WILL email you back if they have these parts available. I have never had them not email me promptly with answers.

GMAN

Remove the cassette lid and then you won't need the tab part. You'll never find the replacement unless you find another machine just like it.

You can try to disassemble the mode switch and clean it. Or you can try to poke a hole in the case and squirt some cleaner in there. Don't poke too far or you'll put a hole in the internal pc board.

Good luck.

--
David Farber
David Farber\'s Service Center

he

had

Been there. done that...

That's where I got the belts from for this VCR. The idler in this VCR does't have a rubber tire like the older models. It's a pretty complex gear/clutch assembly that also does the gear-ratio change for FF/REW. If you look at their description, the rubber maintenance kit only includes the belts and pinch roller. The pinch roller was in great condition, so I only originally ordered the belt kit .

I've been ordering from Studio Sound for years. I tried parts finder before posting here, and he e-mailed be back within 2-3 hours, saying he couldn't supply any of those parts and that Mits has discontinued

90% of their VCR parts. Unfortunately, Mits didn't sell parts thru any of the big distributors in the US, so there wouldn't be any old stock around. It's too bad Studio Sound didn't get the VCR boneyard when he bought out diyvcrparts.com a few years ago. I figured someone may have these parts on a shelf in their shop somewhere. I was able to get a lower cylinder assembly for my own VCR from someone on this NG a few years ago, so I figured I'd try it again...
Reply to
Mike WB2MEP

far

David,

This is my Dad's VCR, and that door's been like that for a few years. He just pushes it open manually when he ejects the tape. I just figured I'd fix that while I had the VCR and was ordering other parts for it.

The only part that I really would like to get is the idler. It's not causing any problem yet, but the take-up reel torque is quite a bit lower than usual. The mode switch is OK now, but I figured I'd order one along with the other parts to have on hand when I need it.

Interestingly, my Dad bought two new VCR-DVD combos to replace this this VCR and another older ('87) Mits VCR that I just fixed, but he couldn't figure out how to connect them to his TVs. When I went up to see the folks in July, I took a look at them (crappy Funai/Sylvanias) and the damn things HAD NO TUNERs. This made them worthless, as they use the VCRs to tape off of cable. So that's why I'm fixing these old VCRs.

Mike WB2MEP

Reply to
Mike WB2MEP

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:35:13 -0700 (PDT), Mike WB2MEP put finger to keyboard and composed:

522B057030 is available from WES Components in Australia for AU$14.75, stock code GIA5703.

Suits models HSM50,X3,X5,X7,X10,X20.

Page 4-55 in WES catalogue:

439D039010 and 43P03101/0 are available from WES Components in Australia for AU$7.75, stock code SW3901.

Suits models HSM50,X3,X5,X7,X10,X20.

Page 4-92 in WES catalogue.

Sorry, I couldn't find it in the catalogue.

Unfortunately WES don't ship overseas, but if you can reimburse my costs (via Paypal), I'm prepared to order the parts on your behalf and ship them to you.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Ill go out to my shed this weekend and see if i have one of those. I have over

20 Mitsubishi vcr's and i will see if i have one.
Reply to
GMAN

over

Thanks, but Franc Zabkar has a local distributor that stocks the Idler & Mode switch, and I took him up on his offer to buy and mail them to me.

On failure-prone items like idlers, I'd rather get new parts if available. The mode sw. in the VCR is OK now, but would like to have a spare on hand. It's my Dad's VCR, so I'll be seeing it again next time it breaks, and parts aren't getting any easier to find.

If those parts turn out to be NLA from Franc's distributor, I'll post back.

Thanks,

Mike WB2MEP

Reply to
Mike WB2MEP