Mitsubishi CS-21RX1C CPU Probs

This is an older set, made around 1992. The set powers for about 3 to 4 seconds, then the relay shuts off, causing the entire set to shut off of course. Pressing power again does nothing, and jumping the relay does nothing either - whatever is shutting down the relay is also shutting down the horiz. drive signal. The 5V standby to the CPU is rock-solid. The set will not power again unless it is unplugged for a few seconds. This is one of those infamous Mitsubishi sets with the physically leaking electrolytics - I replaced all of the leaking ones I could find, including at least one in the CPU section, but it didn't seem to help. The problem may or may not be thermal in nature - at one point (on a warm day) the set powered and ran for several hours. However, the tuner appeared to be bad so I used the A/V in instead. Not sure what else to check, at this point I don't think there are many other options. Any ideas?

Reply to
Chris F.

Did you clean the board in the leakage areas?

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias