Microwave Capacitor Value

I recently found a really nice microwave+convection oven in the trash, it was less than 2 years old and looked like it was worth trying to fix. Unfortunately, someone had stripped all the wiring and some of the HV components - perhaps to keep someone else from getting any good of the unit. But that never stopped me before, and I set to work rebuilding it with components from other microwaves. A schematic on the inside cover greatly helped, and now I have it going and it seems to work great. However, there's one thing I want to make sure of. The HV cap had been removed, and the value was not marked on the schematic. The magnetron is a 2M253K(JT), and the specs on the back gave a power output of 900 watts and peak voltage of

4.2kV. Based on experience, I took a guess and installed a .89uF / 2100VAC cap. It seems to work, but I want to be sure the value is correct - I don't want the cap or magnetron to blow after a few minutes of operation. Think this is close enough?
--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address
Reply to

I've fix loads of these in the past and i'm sure your right.

steve balstone stephen balstone

Reply to
steve.balstone