Metcal handpiece

Greetings!

My MX500 handpiece went open in the handle.  Does anybody know how to take it
apart?

--
Boris

---
Re: Metcal handpiece
e it

You don't. You bite the bullet and buy a new one. There's a new one on eBay
 for $77 or you can go to Mouser for $104.25.

I use my Metcal quite a bit and am still on the same handpiece for 15 years
 but I do have a shiny new handpiece "just in case". Also, my Metcal was bo
ught used on eBay.

Re: Metcal handpiece

   Actually I just managed to take it apart.  I applied compressed air to the
tip entrance and the guts popped out like a champagne cork.

--
Boris

Re: Metcal handpiece

I'll have to remember that, for the next plastic superglue/welded box I
come across

Re: Metcal handpiece

You open those by tapping them with the plastic handle of a screwdriver,
working along the seam. A long time ago mikeselectricstuff showed how to
do it on his youtube channel. I can't remember which video. The
technique works very well.

Re: Metcal handpiece

So it looks as though the OP may as well carefully "Dremmel" into there
and explore, and hopefully divulge if he finds weak spots, hollows ,
active areas etc

Site Timeline