MESR-100 METER SHORTED

Hi Group, can someone help please? I was working on a Hisense 40" LED TV, T
esting the CAPS in circuit with the power on(plugged in), with the MESR-100
 v2.3 meter and accidentally crossed the leads on the meter testing a cap,
on the power supply and as far as i know, I only blew the fuse on the board
, I removed 8 caps from the board and tested them with the meter and they a
ll tested -0.00 I know that is not a correct reading, when initially turnin
g on the meter it supposed to read OL now reads .729... so i tested the cap
s with a DMM and found three bad caps. can this meter be fixed?? any sugges
tions on this matter will be taken seriously, Thanks..

MESR-100 METER SHORTED
Usual rebooting stuff first:  Remove the battery,  hold down the on/off switch for 30 seconds. Then try again. Please report back.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: MESR-100 METER SHORTED

did not work, still reading -0.00...

Re: MESR-100 METER SHORTED
I expect that it is toast, then.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: MESR-100 METER SHORTED

Look at it as an expensive lesson learned the  hard way.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

If you buy another ESR meter without voltage protection, try putting 2
power diodes in parallel across the input. Tie the cathode of one to
the anode of the other.  It has protected my Bob Parker meter for
years.

Re: MESR-100 METER SHORTED
^      ^
I      I