Matsui TV Problem

Hi,

I have a Matsui 20V1T Tv (CUC7303 chasis), which is making a "clicking" sound once every few seconds while the tv is on. It sounds like a sparking / arcing sound, but I can't pinpoint where its coming from. The Tv appears to work fine, its just a disturbing sound - does anyone have any ideas / thoughts as to the cause?

Reply to
daniel_99_1999

daniel_99 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk ha escrito:

are you sure there are no speckles on the image when that occurrs? if it were so, then you have a HV problem and the crackling may be the sparkgap on the crt board. it may be worthwhile removing the rear cover of the set, power up, darken the room and observe the rear of the tube to eliminate this possibility. failing that, if there are no adverse symptoms, the set's casing may expand and contract as the set heats up in use then cools, causing the sound....

-B.

OK, have tried it in the dark - There seems so be arcing between a couple of components near the big C682 capacitor which is causing the noise. Has anyone had any similar experience? I'm wondering if there's a poor solder joint, so its arcing instead of taking the normal route through the board.

Reply to
daniel_99_1999

I can't tell you if it is a "bad solder joint" because I don't have your television in front of me ...... have you inspected the area solder joints??? or just guessing out loud??? Maybe a bad cap? Maybe a carbon bridge on the board?

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

Ah sorry, was just thinking outloud. Not really too experienced in TV repair, but did 2 year electronics course a couple of years ago, so am willing to give it a go. I've had a look, and the arcing isn't from the cap after all. Its next to it. There's a very big component on the board, with several connection labelled A-G, and 2 wires (one blue, one red) coming from it and going to the CRT. I can't for the lift of me remember what its called. Anyway, the arcing is between that component and another piece of metal on the board next to it. Does that give anyone any more ideas?

Reply to
daniel_99_1999

Ideas? Yes..... you need to TAKE the television to a qualified tech at a service shop for at the very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of internet guesses. It would be safer for you and better for your television if you immediately put the rear cover back on your television and get it to a shop. You can go to the website for this newsgroup at

plan to spend some search time there looking over the wealth of troubleshooting tips, repair procedures, component testing methods and IMPORTANT SAFETY information..