Marantz SR9200 "Check POW5" error.

This Marantz SR9200 will show a Check POW5 error on power up. The complaint from the customer was that it was working, then stopped working, then started working again, then finally it would not power up correctly. When I first put it on the bench, it worked fine.But the next day when I powered it up, the POW5 error came on in the display. I did some browsing and found out this was a fairly common problem and the power supply had to be repaired. However, I cannot find any fault in the power supply. Then I found this thread about a loose white wire:

But that is for an SR7500. And there was this thread:
which again was a for a different model but did indicate that this problem was not out of the ordinary.

Anybody know what the fix is for this?

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber\'s Service Center

Hi, Dave.

There is a service bulletin on this, although I have not seen the problem personally. You need to hard wire the temperature-sensing thermistors. Apparently they develop some sort of bad connection at the plugs where they plug in the amp board. Real pain in the ass to get the amp ass'y out of one of these.

I'll see if I can get a copy of the bulletin and send it to you direct.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias