Marantz DV6200 No-Disk

This Marantz DV6200 fails to play the DVD. It does plays CD's perfectly, but using a DVD you can see the Laser head is trying to focus, the tracking sled is moving towards the center of the DVD, the disk spins up and this proces repeats itself 3 times and after that NO DISK is displayed. The DVD cannot be removed using STOP/OPEN, I have to reintialize main power.

Any suggestions what to troubleshoot and/or replace?

TIA Brasto

Reply to
Brasto

You could try replacing the spindle motor. They usually sputter out quickly on these machines. I think it's a Pioneer brand. Check for the Pioneer part number stamped on the motor. Take note of the height of the spindle table because you'll need to reinstall it closely to the original height on the new motor.

Good luck.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

"Brasto"

** It's over 8 years old - right ?
** Good chance the red laser has failed - the one that reads DVDs

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Base assy" part number 9965 000 11758. It does not appear to be a Pioneer part (if it were, it would probably still be working :-)

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Hi Phil, you are close to the year of manufacture, it was actually

2003... If the red laser is the cause of failure, it will be the end of my repair attempt as replacement of the component may cost EUR 150, correct?

As I explained to David before, I donot think it is the spindle motor, this spindlemotor is a multi phase AC driven device and not the lowcost DC garbage which one could find in lowcost CD-players....

Reply to
Brasto