Marantz CD5000 tray stuck

The cabinet door was closed when the tray was out. This must have knocked it off track or something, as it will not close.

questions:

  1. Can it be fixed, either by me or a repair shop?
  2. Is it worth fixing it? It worked fine before the incident, but I expect there are newer models with better specs for 0 or so. Not sure...

TIA

Ed

Reply to
jag_man

Provided that nothing is actually broken, this is an easy repair job for a proper shop. We see this sort of thing all the time. Take it in and get a quote.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Arfa,

You were right. Took it to a shop recommended by a local electronics store and it was fixed in half a day, for $45. I am pleased!

Thnks.

Ed

Reply to
jag_man