Manuals for Blaupunkt TV model BT 70-26 VT, chassis FM550.20

Does anyone have a user manual for a Blaupunkt TV model BT 70-26 VT?

Service manual for Blaupunkt TV chassis FM550.20, or circuits for the audio section (IF and output)?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:15:18 +1000, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

I think I've found a service manual. The Blaupunkt chassis appears identical to a Grundig CUC6330 chassis:

The uP is labelled "CUC6330PAL.02".

Unfortunately the circuit diagram for the PAL IF Amp PCB (29504-102.57) is mentioned but not shown. :-(

The fault I'm seeing is no audio. It looks like a problem with the TDA6612-5 stereo sound IC. The two TDA7245A amps look OK. The only other possible candidate appears to be a Telefunken U2840B FM IF amp and demodulator for which I have no data.

I have disconnected the I2C pins from the TDA6612-5 chip to see if the TV behaves any differently, but it does not.

I still need an owner's manual because the remote's menu system is not intuitive, at least not to me.

I'll try the AV inputs when I get a SCART cable.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Another source for your manual :

Enter FM550.20 into the field "Modell" and you read what they have, eg: BLAUP SERVICE MANUAL FM550.20 D;GB 1238368 8622400316 E

This is price group "E". You'll have to drop them a note as to actual price and shipping/handling/payment. I did several transactions with them and they are for real.

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 10:42:44 +0200, Heinz Schmitz put finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks. However, as the TV is a 12 year-old 68cm set, and the suspect IC looks like costing AU$50 delivered, I think the customer probably won't go ahead with the repair if I have to add the cost of a manual.

BTW, Grundig Australia's service rep (United Electrical Engineering Pty Ltd) didn't want to know me. I was told that they didn't support old CRT sets. Instead I was advised to contact Grundig directly.

BTW, I have no idea who is the service agent for Blaupunkt TVs in Australia. I have basically given up looking for them.

Moral of the story: Don't expect any support for a German TV in Australia, at least not outside of the warranty period.

To assist others in cross-referencing Grundig chassis with Blaupunkt and other brands, here are two URLs I found useful:

TVT Forum | Gesucht und Gefunden | Grundig Vergleichsliste:

Baugleiche Grundig TV's:

Here is an alternative link to Grundig manuals including the CUC6330:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I was afraid to read that :-). Probably I would be able to fill earths biggest hole for free with CRT-devices, would I only come by to take them.

Did you play a bit with their site?

This is a global phenomenon. The gadgets are baked, packed and said good-bye to. Customers? Drop dead after having paid.

Anyhow, good luck and regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

You won't get lucky trying to get technical assistance from Grundig on sets that old. The former Grundig company of Fuerth, Germany has been bankrupt and the name - not the knowledge and quality of service/ design - sold some years ago. What nowadays goes by the name "Grundig" is not worth the bandwith wasted writing about it. And Blaupunkt dropped out of the TV segment almost decades ago, after all they mostly rebadged Grundig Chassis. So there is no use trying to get any info from either of them.

What you have there is some fine machine from the good old days, and I am really sorry I have no info on that particular IF module, since I've never seen AUS sets. The 29504-102 PAL BG IF Module with german type 5.5/5.74MHz Subcarrier (Not NICAM) Stereo decoding based on TDA6611-2 is depicted in the CUC5510/11 schematic (DL-able on eserviceinfo). Maybe this will help some.

Unfortunately this set does not have the well known washer contact at the mains switch that regularly caused audio mute problems in earlier Grundig models. So it's other problems you will have to look into.

With CUC6330 you may try this: Since the IF Module is not the same as in the German models I know, get the Datasheet for TDA6612-5 from alldatasheet.com and see if you can scope something on the input of this IC the way it is coming from the U2840 - so you rule out the U2840. Try Scart AV. Generally with any of these sets scope the I2C at the TDA6612 to see if a level of 5V is reached when the SDA SCL line is being released, and the edges on the Hi-Lo Lo-Hi transitions are not too sloped.

The test I used for IC like TDA66xx/6200/TY45018 etc used in Grundigs and similar sets whenever swaping the module was not an option, is to take the chip off the bus and attach a I2C monitoring/control software like IICUNI.EXE with its simple hardware interface to the chip and see if the chip does respond to the address probe command of the software. I found most of the time one of these chips are gone (mostly due to arcover from tripler/DST), they are gone for good and won't even respond to their address being called.

BTW Since TDA6612 controls the volume and source selection like TDA6611, I suspect it to mute the sound unless it is initialized via I2C,- just like the TDA6611 and TY45018 etc generally do. So I wouldn't expect taking the TDA6612 off the BUS would do any good unless you init it manually via some dongle/software using the commands from the datasheet.

Sadly as with most of these models the spare part plus labor is mostly beyond the limit of most customers.

-regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert Petras

blaupunkt chassis equivalents here:

blaupunkt known problems here (spanish):

HTH B.

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:41:59 -0700 (PDT), Robert Petras put finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks. I had already downloaded the datasheet for the TDA6612-5 and managed to work out the general function.

Thanks, that's brilliant stuff. I was thinking about hooking up my module to my PC's SMBus and using one of my hardware monitoring utilities to scan for it, but this is so much better.

BTW, I managed to find IICUNI here:

I'll probably continue working on it as an intellectual exercise. IICUNI has sparked my interest. In the meantime Bush Australia are chasing the part for me. However they want a Grundig *model* number - apparently the Grundig *chassis* number was not sufficient.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 13:07:31 +0200, Heinz Schmitz put finger to keyboard and composed:

Yes, but the flash rubbish that is typical of Chinese sites drove me mad. :-)

Here are the "Australian" service centres:

I'm given the choice of Robert Bosch Singapore or Robert Bosch Malaysia.

There is also an Australian email address and 1300 telephone number. So far I haven't received a response to my email request.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:46:17 +1000, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

It's SAL Electronics:

BTW, the TFK IC was a U2860B, not a U2840B. Sorry.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar