Magnavox PVT340 (RK8530) Hue Problem

Hope someone can help...

We replaced the coolant in my friends set, it was really nasty in the blue and green crts, and converged the picture fairly close. It wasn't even watchable before this. We are now getting a very strange video artifact when watching a DVD; it is as if the Hue gets turned green in different scenes. Yes, the Hue changes when the camera angle changes. It is like a horizontal band that covers the screen or part of the screen. In one scene, the band was covering the lower quarter of the screen, the person got up from the table and as the camera angle followed them up, the band fell off the bottom of the screen. It always covers the width of the screen and varies in height.

It does the same thing to a lesser degree when watching cable. We also had an issue where we could hear sound from the tuner when watching a DVD on AUX2. The schematic shows all input (except SVideo) going through the signal processor (Chroma and Luma). I'd like to try an SVideo cable to see if the signal processor or related components are causing this.

It sounds like there are some problems on the input switching circuits based upon hearing the tuner sound when AUX2 was selected. The TV volume control didn't affect the incoming audio signal. Of course, the picture was so bad before that he doesn't know if this is something new. Everything is really dusty and dirty inside; could this be affecting things?

Also, got a slight blue misconvergence on the upper right side of the screen. Since the convergence controls affect the whole screen, how do you go about fixing errors in a single quadrant? Will Keystone and Trapezoid handle this?

Thanks!

Kirk S.

Reply to
Kirk S.

This group has an excellent search feature. All those questions could be answered here:

Your blue convergence is probably not screwed up either. At this age, that tube becomes 'soft' or has low emission. That causes 'blooming' at a higher contrast level.

Tech Data

Shot in the dark, without seeing it. Maybe loss of green blanking on the Interface Panel? Check around Q514.

Reply to
Bill S.