magnavox plays only background noises

It pretty odd this has happend to people around the same time. THis week it happened to me. All the other tvs work but not this one. I get a mon, stereo, sap show up on my screen when I switch channels, but when I go to the menu, there are no channels that allow me to switch this. FOr a while when I went to TV mode instead of cable I could hear all my channels. My channels that are local that broadcast mono i can hear fine. Anything in stereo I cant hear. Also, my xbox 360 plays fine through both speakers.

There are no features for SAP. If the tv shows mono, stereo it works.

DOes anyone know how to manually reset? THere is no reset button? THanks

Reply to
steve yates

Some TVs don't allow you to defeat the stereo mode and run in mono, yours may be one of these. Others (like one of mine) are programmed to go back to stereo after you shut down (figuring that no sane person would put their TV in mono......).

Either get a cheap one box surround system, or go into the TV and kill the MTS section of the audio (difficult to do without specific TV repair knowledge).

John

Reply to
John-Del

My wife accidently hid the "spanish lanuage mode button on her tv and the sound went dead. It took me 30 minutes of exploring everything to figure that out.

Reply to
hrhofmann