M54466L strangness ?

i am repairing an ICON 2 meter all mode rig. it has PLL problems at the moment. i have track down the area of the problem while doing so i noticed something strange with the 1/10,1/11 scaling chip., the input of the chip is getting driven by a buffered and amplified stage of around 133 Mhz,,how ever, it seems the input pin of this chip is generating a signal of its own?, when testing it i get ~ 30Mhz steady on it and its dominating hte 133 Mhz thats suppose to be there. it also looks dirty! is this chip suppose to be chopping its input like that? i know its coming from the chip because when changing the 133 freq a little this 30 mhz remains constant!.. could this be my problem with the PLL circuit not working? currently the programmable chip form the CPU is triggering an UNLOCK state and this small scaler chip is what supplies this programmable chip.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

If you get garbage out and are not putting garbage in I would say you need an MC54466.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly