Looks similar search engine?

Where you can upload a pic of a mystery item somewhere, direct a search engine to it , analyses it and finds similar. ? I have a no name web cam I would like to find a driver for and also a few hundred, no context silver-plated brass widgets , no name /number etc also, I'd like to identify

Reply to
N_Cook

That's easy (unless some rules have been broken).

Google 'usb device id list' and ask your operating system what device id it sees.

for and also a few

That is a bit harder, needs human eyes. Can you post a picture on somewhere like photobucket?

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Search engines do not analyse pictures. You do need to up load pictures and have experts analyse, like a forum for silver plated brass widgets. You show them where to find pictures.

By the way, Yahoo still favors using Flicker for their image library, but have greatly improved their image library. I have also noticed they are better than Google at indexing many websites, and like always, you have to use different search engines to find the info you are looking for.

greg

Reply to
GregS

**Would something like this work?

Though I think you'd have to load the picture somewhere first like flickr or something.

Reply to
kaboom

few

also,

I imagine that is for copyright infringement tracing, kept returning 0 results whatever I uploaded to it or directed it to

Reply to
N_Cook

also,

and have experts analyse,

pictures.

better

different

Not really much to photograph The widgets have a shape like bootlace ferrules but not for crimping as thicker brass and also silver plating. Maybe a variant of turret tags for setting in pcb without the turrets or some sort of terminal or pin.

12.5 mm long, hole through axis with a ridge around the outside, one end 1mm hole and 2.5mm outside dimension and other end 2.8mm hole and 3.8mm outside.
Reply to
N_Cook

I think its a pin contact insert for a multi-pole connector. The ridge fixes the pin in whatever material is the connector body and wires are pushed and soldered inside the thicker end of it.

--
Adrian C
Reply to

for

1mm

outside.

DIN41612 type connectors with power carrying pins incorporated perhaps, like these

-01.jpg

Reply to
N_Cook

Looking again there are different sizes , but not mutually pluggable and none have slits or sprung bits and silvered brass seems a bit odd for power connectors

N_Cook

They look like pins for an Edac or Harting type connector

Reply to
Ron

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:53:40 +0100, Adrian C put finger to keyboard and composed:

You can detect your USB hardware with Microsoft's UVCView utility, or with lsusb (Linux):

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks for that, not aware of them ,UVCView.x86.exe and also USBview worked . Webcam identified and driver and manual downloaded.

Reply to
N_Cook

M$ did not know it but google found:

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

A decade ago some linguist claimed to have a system that could search voice files. I lost track of her but she said she had worked for Mitch Kapoor before her doctorate.

My guess is you could convert the photos to text using GIFSCII, which would make them sufficiently fuzzy. They you would use a 4x4 transformation (with perspective scalings in the fourth dimension) to convert everything to the same frame of reference.

I'd guess it exists already, but some gatekeeper refuses to believe it enough to promote it.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

Search for "geometric search engine" or "vector search engine".. just my first stab

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

I believe JPEG/MPEG uses eigencovariance to transform the image to the coordinate system that requires the least possible storage, so that should already take care of the frame of reference. I suspect if you can get a search engine to just notice were in the JPEG this is located, it can find similar images. SOme of this work resulted from Kalman, Dhrymes & Los working on the SDI identification problem in the late 1980s. - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist