Looking for Toshiba remote schematic

I'm getting the impression that not even the service manuals have diagrams for the remotes! I'd love to see a schematic for the CT-9946, but almost any modern Toshiba TV remote schematic would probably help.

It's not just the forty bucks, this would be the first personally-owned remote I couldn't repair in over thirty years.

clifto

I have NEVER seen a schematic for a remote control on any consumer electronics device service manual since something like 1990. They simply are not available.

All modern remote controls consist of pretty much a pre-programmed microcontroller/ remote signal generator, the crystal, a few resistors and capacitors, the IR LED, and the circuit board which double as the keyboard with the rubber keypad with the conductive carbon sprayed on it.

Troubleshooting it amounts to checking to see if the xtal is running and verifying the key presses by watching the light out of the IR LED (with a video camera). Placing a regular LED across the IR led will tell if everything except for the IR LED was working.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Reply to
Markus

I have many used ones any numbers on the remote? Doug

Reply to
Doug