Looking for specific audio Y-adapters

Hi, I've been searching with no success for a specific type of audio Y-adapter. Was wondering if anyone knew of a source. I should probably mention I've tried using combinations of RCA-to-3.5 mm to get the desired result, but for my application space is tight and the RCA adapters won't physically fit.

What I am looking for is a Y-adapter with a female 3.5mm stereo jack at one end to two male 3.5mm mono plugs (one having left signal, the other right) at the other. I need about 6 of these, so I'd prefer to buy them vs. making them up from parts.

The closest I've been able to locate was one with opposite genders (3.5mm stereo plug to two 3.5mm mono jacks.)

Thanks for any help/pointers...

Reply to
Mr. Land

I might be able to help you i believe the part your looking for is a waldom 30-512. I have them in stock, however i don't have a spec sheet on it. So let me know snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
atleleban

I checked this number at the Waldon site - it has RCA connectors as opposed to

3.5mm ones - Waldon/GC doesn't seem to carry what I am looking for.

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Mr. Land

This will probably get you close.. Don't know whether the mono-stereo is correct.. maybe a call to MPJA will answer that for you.

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in

Try Radio Shack, seems I bought a Y-adapter there just like that once.

Reply to
Dilligaf

Right thing, wrong size, could be used with a few extra adaptors...

Rich Wilson

Close but not quite what I need.

Thanks very much for taking the time to help.

PS This site certainly is cheap enough ... I don't think I've ever seen a Y adapter sold for less than a buck.

Reply to
Mr. Land

Right you are! Thanks anyway!

Reply to
Mr. Land

Well, they came really close: 2 mono plugs to 1 mono jack.

Thanks.

Reply to
Mr. Land

Thanks to all who were generous enough to take the time to reply.

I'm beginning to believe that this item simply does not exist...

Reply to
Mr. Land

Presuming the other end of the cable has the 3.5mm female connector, why not _cut off_ and _replace_ the RCA jacks?

Have you considered using a cable with a male 3.5mm stereo and an inline female to female adapter?

Reply to
reply

I can do that, sure, but I was hoping to find pre-made adapters, primarily because I wanted the added strength of the molded strain reliefs. I could goop stuff on, I suppose, but I thought I would try to find premade first.

That would work, if I could find a 3.5mm female gender changer *and* a Y-adapter going from 3.5mm stereo male to two 3.5mm mono males (splitting the L+R). I haven't seen the latter either.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Reply to
Mr. Land

How about just buy the connectors at Radio Shack and build one?

Reply to
James Sweet

It does exist, but they are kinda pricey. I might be able to find it for less if I spent some time on it:

Ray L. Volts

I've not seen one either. But easy enough to make - start with ready made jack to jack leads and cut in two.

--
*If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done? *

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

800.826.5432

3.5mm stereo to two RCA plugs PT# CB-63 $1.00

Has three foot cable which might be a problem for you??

Flat rate shipping $6.00

Tom

Reply to
TomJ

You might try looking in:

Look under Audio Adapter Cables.

--
DaveW

----------------
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
DaveW

I am looking at the 2000 Radio Shack catalog. On page 144, item 42-2495 is described thus: "Airline headphone adapter. Use your stereo headphones on many commercial airlines. Dual 1/8" mono plug to 1/8" stereo jack Y-cable. Fits two 1/8" mono jacks." It cost $4.99. It does not say whether the output on the mono end of the cable is identical at each plug, or whether one is right channel and the other left channel.

Radio Shack seemed not to have any 3.5 mm fittings or cables. All their fittings were either 1/4" or 1/8 ", so I suppose the 1/8" jacks and plugs were intended to be used instead of 3.5 mm hardware.

Reply to
Beloved Leader

Thanks to all of you. Most generous to try to help me out.

Best Regards.

Reply to
Mr. Land