Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios

Some guy dropped off two car radios from a 67 Fairlane.  They are similar but a year apart and they have some differences on the boards.

One just needs a recap but the other has different issues.  There are several encapsulated modules in these radios and I'd like to know what it's in them.

Re: Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios

I can tell you that it is a Philco-made radio, and that you may be able to search  https://sites.google.com/site/identifyingcarradios/home/radios-1/ford-2

Then, there is the Philco Forum:

https://philcoradio.com/phorum/archive/index.php?thread-13086.html

At least that is a start. But, I suspect you have already done this.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios

Yep, that's how I got the model numbers.  On the Philco "Phorum", one member was looking for the schematic and another member said he would send to the other member, but that was like a ten  year old post.  Thanks for looking.

Re: Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios
Those numbers are in SAMs AR36 and AR41 but are listed for Falcon.
Fairlane lists TPO

Re: Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios

Your right Tom, it's a 6TPO.  It's stamped in the side but barely legible.

The '67 just needed a recap.  The '66 was recapped many years ago, apparently by me according to the owner when he picked up the '67, but now it's dead other than a thump on turn on.

I injected a finger pulse into the final, and it's loud and clear.  One of the IF transistors has no voltage on any pin, so it's got a bad encapsulated module as it has very few discrete components on the board.

The closest manual I had is an AR-43 for a Galaxie, but the board in that has no encapsulated modules.  The only thing they share is a PNP Germanium output. Glad I don't need one of those.

A friend thinks he might have the AR-36 so I'll find out tomorrow.

Re: Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios
Good luck.

Re: Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios

It'll be a bit of a kluge, but you can substitute that
Couplate with discrete components.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

There's not much in them if I need to replicate one.

Back when I was a pup, we had an old 1960s Motorola TV in the shop that had
 a bad encapsulated module for the vertical circuit that was NLA.  I told m
y dad I'd make one, so I just got a breadboard and put together the half do
zen caps and resistors and painted it with Corona Dope (didn't need it, but
 it looked better).  Worked great.

Re: Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios

Cancel Request: A friend had the AR-36 manual.  I saw him today at our association picnic and he brought it with him.  I just took camera photos and emailed them to myself to print out.

Re: Looking for schematic Ford 6TPD and 7TPD car radios

BTW, if anyone wants a copy of this manual (Ford 6TPO) radio, email me and I'll send the attachments.

Site Timeline