Looking for info on ionizers

would like to build an ionizer /filter for my home ....i am seasoned in electronics repair etc. just looking for some schematics or any info obtainable ... ive built a ramsey ionizer kit but now im going bigger and better and on a larger usable scale preferably.. thanks for any info

bob

Reply to
bloggybob

Why do you wish to poison yourself with Ozone ?

n cook

i wasnt aware that it was bad for you ... can you elaborate more plz?

and

Reply to
bloggybob

In article , "bloggybob" wrote:

I have built different purifiers. Ionizers basically emit an ion wind. If you do it right there is no high level of ozone. You can also have an oppositely charged plate to help collect them. I have seen many dirty walls caused by ionizers as the particles stick to nearby objects. They are in many air filters or part of them. For my first HV plate type, I went to Sears and studied there system. I just copied it. Later I bought a small tabletop model from Sears. Same as that one on TV. An electrified dust particle will be attracted to a opposite charged plate. The plates are spaced + - + - + etc. An emitter is placed in front of the plates to charge incomming particles. There are tons of these filters installed everywhere, including all bars for smoking. Its fun and sometimes economicle to built your own, but it sure is easier to just buy them. I don't see as many HV transformers on the maket, especially from Herbach & Rademan, but the use of small switching transformers would be the way to go now days. Ozone machines can also be very nice. while people are vacant, Ozone cleans up the bad smells from bars and restuarants at night, allthough some use them while people are there, not a good thing. I also bought an ozone machine for personal use. Yes, I have built Ozone machines. Running HV 60 Hz AC to closly spaced electrodes will produce Ozone. There is another machine which many electronics assemblers are familiar. When you emit both pos and neg ions, this will reduce electrostatic discharge problems around electronics. There is no effective cleaning action. Its also used in some small nozzle air guns.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Ozone is bad for you. Air filters are good for you. One thing an electric cleaner does not do, well I,m not entirely sure, is clean up Radon. Radon is bad for you. A carbon filter can collect Radon gas. I would think the gov't would inform all people that using a carbon flter is best for you health. I see and smell the Ozone of many lamps used around in hospital or food type areas. I also smell the clean Ozone smell when the sun is shining brightly into a room. This is contrary to "Ozone is bad for you" syndrom. They don't tell you to close the drapes and shut out the sun. allthough most new windows do inhibit ultraviolet and infra red rays from going through to any great amount.

I will never forget the first tme I drove into the LA basin from the desert in Ca. Oh my.

During a Radon test, PA. regulation state that an electrostatic filter should not be run during a test. Well you can take that for what it is. They however do not say anything about a carbon filter. Funny how things are. I recently bought a Radon monitor myself. Did you know that when it rains the Radon levels inside go up.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Excellent post and great info !! thank you Greg ... much much appreciated :)

oppositely

filters

  • - + etc.

for