long term nimh storage

Hi...

Wonder if anyone has any experience or opinions they'd be willing to share...

Heavily into photography, use lots of nimh's. Found some on sale at a fantastic price a couple of weeks age. Smart charger (110/220/12) packaged with 4 2600 aa's, and 4 1000 aaa's.

Good enough deal that I bought lots, for myself, family, and friends.

Bad news is that family and friends did too; now we have way more than we could possibly use for the next few years.

Question then, is: How should I (we) store the unused ones for long term storage? They're virtually discharged as shipped. Should I just leave them still sealed up at room temperature, or in the fridge, or perhaps even in the freezer. We need as long a shelf life as we can get :)

Appreciate suggestions, and take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

tnom

Hi...

Great, thanks very much. I appreciate it!

Looks like all we have to do is toss them in a drawer, and forget about them until we need them :)

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Reply to
<hapticz

I believe you're thinking of lithium-ion batteries, unless theres been some problems with nimh batteries that I'm unaware of.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy