Liquid Crystal Display

I am sorry if I get some of your time. It is a first time I start a discussion in this group. I am not an expert on electronics, I am a guitar player and the reason why I am starting this discussion in this group is because I broken a liquid crystal display of a CD player that I use for my guitar training.This CD player fell down form a table and crash in the floor, everything is working but I cannot read the display, or to be more precise I can read only half of the display. The display is not broken in the "glass part" but, if you see under a light, you will see a line that is crossing all the "gray" area from top to bottom.... this CD player is very expensive because you can connect electric guitar and run some practice. I would like repair it in some way. Please help ! By the way thanks.

Marco

Reply to
m.leonardi4

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

May I suggest you: it.hobby.elettronica.riparazioni ?

Ciao Marco

Reply to
Fastvale

When posting for information, always indicate the manufacture name, and the model number of the device.

You must contact the original manufacture to find out how to get your player serviced. Even if they would sell you the part, you would have to have the skills to change it. There may be other parts damaged that you do not know about, and trying to service this yourself may not be feasible. Also, consider the cost of the unit in relation to having it serviced.

Many of these CD players are becoming very low in cost in relation to their performance. You may find that servicing your CD player is not feasible.

--
JANA
_____

What exactly is it you are asking? If you really want the player repaired, then you need to buy a new LCD from the manufacturer and fit it yourself, or find someone competent to replace it for you. There's no way to fix the LCD without replacing it, if that's what you're asking.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D