LG Tromm Washer WM2077CW Service Manual

I have LG Tromm WM2077CW and I am looking for the schematics. It has barely been used, but is out of warranty. Here is the problem it has had since day

  1. If you run a load of laundry it takes almost 2 hours to finish. It tries and tries to balance the load until it gets it right. Well I don't care if it is balanced or not when it is in the spin cycle. I just want it to finsih fast. So I want to look over the schematics and see if there is an easy way to disable the balance sensor. Any Ideas?

TIA Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

It sounds like you may be overloading it, if the balance is not right the machine will shake itself to pieces so you don't want to disable that. If it is in fact too sensitive there may be an adjustment but I would make sure the machine is being used properly before trying to fix something that may not be broken.

Reply to
James Sweet

Oh and before someone tells me to balance the load better before starting the washer.. It is a Front Loading machine.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Thanks James.

Well it doesn't matter what you put in it, it doesn't like it. This thing is as precise a tire balancing machine. An adjustment is probably the best route.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Interesting. I have a Neptune front loader which is quite tolerant, it will usually try to spin up 2 or 3 times before it gets the balance right, but that process takes all of a minute or two. You might actually look inside to make sure none of the drum supports have come loose, I've never been inside a LG machine but I suspect most of the front loaders are similar inside, with some springs and shock absorbers holding everything together. Does it seem to shake a lot, or does it feel like it really is too sensitive?

Reply to
James Sweet

It doesn't shake much. If it is off center AT ALL it won't keep going. I'm not too sure whats going on, but it can drive you nuts when it takes 10 - 15 minutes to balance. I need to get it out and see whats going on from the inside.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

barely

day

tries

finsih

way

Have you tried it with an empty drum ? If a loose contact to the trembler or whatever, then it would do it for the empty, balanced, drum until shaken back into contact.

N Cook

$9.99 and instant download

Reply to
MrManuals

Is it not available from the manufacture for free? Worth checking that first.

Reply to
James Sweet

Or possibly inside the washer itself somewhere. I just wanted to do some looking around before I pulled this thing out. It is in a difficult spot with the dryer stacked on top of it.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

It is not available for free, the link above is for the Parts & Service manual. snipped-for-privacy@justmanuals.com

Reply to
MrManuals

The user manual may be available on the manufacturer's site, but the Parts & Service manual at the link above is not.

Reply to
MrManuals

Ok we get the point, please quit spamming the group, this isn't a for sale group.

Reply to
James Sweet

has some factory manuals.

and
may also be of help and have forums.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Although the model number is different, that looks externally exactly like our UK spec LG machine which does exactly the same thing...

I have a copy of the service manual for ours and if yours is similar then I don't see how you can do anything much, as the motor is direct drive and it would appear to use the load sensing on the coils to determine washing load and balance.

Short of reprogramming the the firmware I suspect you are stuck with this "feature" :(

Oh, and make sure the actual machine is leveled properly, (with a bubble level) if you haven't already. It helped for ours.

Lee

--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Reply to

Thanks for the info... I had actually thought about reprogramming the firmware, but doubt that I have the necessary programming skills unless there is a firmware update for thsese. This thing is usless in its current condidion. It estimates a wash to take 60min but usually takes twice that. Of course it updates the remaining time to relfect this also, buy counting down slower. This is another situation where the simplest technology works the best. A normal electric timer would work much better than all of these digital electronics involved.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Thanks for the info!

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

From the helpful links posted above, I notice from the manual that your model number has a "ball sensor" for balance, (which ours doesn't have), maybe there is scope for some adjustment to this part?

Lee

--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Reply to
Lee

Or if not adjustment, some sort modification such as adding a resistor in line depending on how it works..

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

You are incorrect and trying to cheat me out of $10

This is the link to the SM on LG's website! http://136.166.4.200/contents/Laundry/WM2077.htm

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy