LED sign missing IR keyboard-possible to "decode" the protocol it uses?

Hey all,

I know it's a long-shot, but I picked up an LED sign (labelle industries)at a garage sale that is programmed with an IR keyboard, which is missing. Is it possible to somehow figure out a way to program this thing? The IR decoder is a philips TDA3048. It does work, as it is in "demo" mode when powered on.

Reply to
samsungfirmware

ISTR there is a project to document every IR remote in the world, on Linux boxes IIRC. Source Forge perhaps?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Does the sign also have a serial port (db9 or db25 connector)? Many of them do. If so, it's programmable from a PC. I have source code for some limited control of an Alpha sign that's probably similar.

John

Reply to
John