LCD TV Back Light Inverter Board Repair

I have an LCD TV and one section of the inverter board has a blown fuse that feed +24 VDC to the inverters. The other fuses fedding the other sections are good.

My question is, with one section dead, why do the other sections not light up.

I would expect to see this part of the screen dark and the other sections working.

Is there some interlock that keeps all the sections off when one section is dead.

I'll go ahead and invest in a new inverter board or try to repair this one if I can verify that there is nothing else seriously wrong with this TV.

I'd like to see the other sections working first. Is there a reason that one dead inverter section keeps the other sections from working?

Insignia NS LCD42HD Inverter board VIT70023.80 Master and the slave on the other side

I am not a newbie at troubleshooting electronics.

thanks

Mark

Reply to
makolber

Yes.

Most sets have a circuit that senses an inbalance and shuts down all inverters.

Chuck