LCD Monitor 15" with backlight problems

Hi, I have this monitor with a problem at backlight inverter. Before I had this problem, the monitor even shut off lamps (but picture still on screen) and I simply turn it off and on again until it never turned off lamps anymore. I opened it and discovered that a surface mounted fuse on the backlight inverter blows up. I try to short circuit the fuse and turned on but seems that never will happened....... When I re opened it, i realized that backlight inverter pcb has completely blown (pcb tracks and components melted). Now I found on Ebay some backlight inverter that should work with my monitor but how I can be sure that all this problem has been caused by a inverter malfunction and not caused from lamps?

The monitor signals are ok, power supply to inverter it's presents and dimming too.

Reply to
Ivan

To be sure replace the lamps and inverter at the same time.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

Tell me the LCD number maybe I can help you

Reply to
doris.office