Lawn tractor safety switch

I needed to bypass the bullshit safety seat safety switch the other day to I could see if my snowblower auger was operating correctly having sheared a pin on one side. If I remove the switch and tape the button down it is bypassed and runs when I get off BUT if I unplug it and short the wires it does not. The wiring diagram only shows a simple single pole switch though there are two wires going to one side. So what's the difference between holding the button down and shorting the plug?

--
        Van Chocstraw
 >>\\\\--------------------//
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Van Chocstraw

No difference if the switch contact is normally open / held closed. Big difference if normally closed and opens when button pressed. A continuity check of the switch will answer this.

Reply to
Bryce

Something to think about... A few years back I bought an 8x10 mirror at the dollar store. I use it to see my auger turning for the blower on my tractor, to watch the rototiller tines turn on my tractor, to see the mower deck blades on the tractor, to watch my tires as I pull a vehicle up onto ramps if I need to work under it, etc... etc... etc. The mirror gets lots of use, can be set up in any manner you want, only cost me $1, and it keeps things safe. Would hate to have a neighbour kid get hurt somehow if they started mucking with my equipment without my knowledge and didn't realize the safety was bypassed. Just a idea I thought I'd share.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
lmcclaf

It would really suck if the neighbor kid broke your mirror and cut himself with it....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert