LASOS HeNe module: LGK 7654-15 specs?

Hello, I have recently acquired an LGK 7654-15 laser head from ebay. It was manufactured in 2007 and looks to be in excellent condition.

Unfortunately it came without a power supply. It does produce an output whe n zapped briefly by a very wrong power supply for testing purposes.

I am now looking to source the right power supply for it. Looking at the LA SOS website I can't find this exact model. Then over at Sam's it is listed but, judging by the question marks next to the ratings, I suspect it is not clear what this model is rated for.

The module dimensions are 45 mm dia by 505 mm length, which is identical to the 10 mW LGK 7654-8 unit.

I was not able to find further info online although I have not yet contacte d LASOS. It is a recent model as far as He-Nes go so I am a bit surprised I can't find more info. Could this be a slightly customised version of a cat alogue model?

Many thanks Alex

Reply to
AlexPelocho

The closest on the LASOS Web site is the 7654-13, red (633 nm) 10 mW,

6.5 mA, 2.9-3.1 kV.

The -15 is probably the same tube sorted for slightly higher power. Confirm by checking dimensions.

--
    sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

subject line.  Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.
Reply to
Samuel M. Goldwasser

Thanks Sam. Dimension-wise it is identical to the -8 type.

Besides the dimensions, I cannot see any other physical or performance differences between the -8 and -13. Even the weight is shown to be the same.

The type numbers on the labels (according to the datasheets) are different:

-8 has 577009-1153-000

-13 has 577009-1161-000 and mine, the -15, has 577009-1169-000

So maybe the -15 is the -8 package with a binned tube. In any case a 6.5 mA supply rather than a 7 mA should work without overload.

I have emailed LASOS but I won't hold my breath.

Alex

Reply to
AlexPelocho

If it's really critical, I can ask a contact at LASOS but I think what you have is close enough for government work. ;-)

--
    sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

subject line.  Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.
Reply to
Samuel M. Goldwasser

I was once told: If you can accept that a moving electron produces a magnetic field, you become an engineer. If not, you become a physicist. I am the former with the inquisitiveness of the latter.

So - besides me stewing it is not something the government would consider critical.

If you can relate to any of this Sam then I would highly appreciate if we find out what to expect from this unit. In the meanwhile I will measure optical power output at 6.5 mA.

Alex

Reply to
AlexPelocho

I received a reply from LASOS.

Apparently this is an OEM version for a Leica microscope.

The datasheet can be found here, for a little while:

Kudos to LASOS!

Cheers Alex

Reply to
AlexPelocho

Well, whoever told you that wasn't a physicist, I suppose. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Point taken. For what is worth, it was this guy:

AlexPelocho