Laptop repair

I have a Dell i7 lappy sitting in my closet for several months that seems completely dead. No lights when plugging in AC adapter, no response to the power switch, nothing. The AC adapter has tested good. It's out of warranty.

I didn't have time then to see if it was worth fixing up, but I have a use for it at this point and would like to see if I can get it running again.

Most of the laptop diagnosis texts I've seen online are outdated or simply not very good. Can anyone point me to a reference on where to get started when diagnosing this thing?

Reply to
bitrex

The first thing I would check is the power connector. I have replace many of these over the years that have been broken. Either poor solder connections that have let loose or just physically broken off of the board.

Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices

There's plenty of good stuff on the Dell site, worth a look.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull