Laptop battery tech info.

Google didn't find much of interest.

Is there any resource of general tech info on laptop batteries?

Some I've opened have Arizona Microchip PIC on the PCB, some have BQ prefix charge control chips - those I can maybe find online.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Ian Field

Usually there's quite a bit of info in the app notes for the various fuel gauge and controller chips.

This might be of interest:

Just Microchip, not Az Microchip.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Looks interesting - thanks.

Last time I used the term; "microchip" - everyone assumed I meant just a chip.

Reply to
Ian Field