Lamps for Delphi/Delco Car Radio

I tried contacting Delphi directly about this, but they refuse to deal directly with consumers, and referred me to a list of authorized service centers. I tried contacting a few of those but got no response at all.

I need new panel lamps for the Delphi P/N 09385282 AM/FM/CD/Cass stereo from my 2000 Pontiac Montana. They are the three lamps behind the alpha/numeric display. The only good one left draws almost 100mA at 8v, but it could be up to a 12v bulb. They are small frosted glass bulbs, about 3/16" dia x 5/16" long, with wire leads. I already removed all

3 of them from the radio, but have been unable to find replacements with suitable size/brightness/current draw. Does anyone know of a source for suitable replacement bulbs. I tried Rat Shack, Mouser, etc. with no luck so far. Even knowing the intended working voltage/current/candlepower would be helpful. I'd like to be confident in the bulbs that I install, since the circuit card traces are delicate, and the display is held in by bending metal tabs... too many bends and they will start breaking, making it impossible to get even pressure for good contact accross the zebra strip.

You would think that they would make the bulbs easier to replace, or use bulbs that last longer. The first one burned out a few months after the 3 year warranty expired. Without at least two of the bulbs working, it is impossible to read most of the display.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul

The way that the dealers and the suppliers work, the only way to have the original parts, is to give your radio to a GM dealer to have it serviced. They will charge their rate, but it will be fixed.

The other alternative is to contact an electronics parts supplier, and get a copy of their catalogue for mini type lamps. From that you will have to research them to find a suitable replacement.

If you do some searching on line, for miniature lamps, you will most likely find on line catalogues.

--
Jerry G.
======

This link might help you narrow the list of bulbs for your application.

Silver Surfer

JR North