labtec lcs-2514 question

Judging by pictures of the subwoofer that I found, you might be able to gain entry by removing the grille cloth and exposing the driver. From there, it could be possible to unscrew the speaker and tilt it out of the cabinet or remove it entirely.

While this may not let you get at the board, it may let you see how the cabinet is assembled. I would not be surprised to see the components placed inside and the cabinet sealed with glue afterwards. You might have to break the glue to loosen a panel and get inside.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

I have a labtec lcs-2514 computer surround speaker system (the one where everything connects to the subwoofer). I believe I have a broken solder joint on one of the input jacks but have no idea how to open this thing up to get at the board. Anyone have any experience with disassembly of this unit without tearing it to pieces?

--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes

The speaker is mounted from the inside! Box is pressboard construction with the plastic top. On the back where the jack panel is (to either side of the jacks) are two slots. No tabs inside the slots to release. Does appear to be glued down real good. Don't want to break it though.

--
Regards,
Stephen D. Barnes