KLH (APEX) KT2006 TV With Weird Recpetion Problem

This is chassis CN-12C1. It gets good antenna reception but when I connect a sattellite receiver or VCR to it then I get a black screen with distorted white horizontal lines & no audio. The tuner was subbed with a known good one but that did not solve the problem. Any suggestions on what parts to suspect are greatly appreciated. Because they are very inexpensive new this TV is hardly worth working on but I was curious about the cause of this problem. Mark Affordable TV Repair

Reply to
markc

might it be some kind of ground loop issue? you might try some kind of transformer isolation at the antenna jack. a couple baluns wired back to back generally works for me when i have run into weird issues with cable hookups.

Reply to
TimPerry

I'll give it a try. Thanks

Reply to
markc

Broken trace, corner of PCB near tuner, IF terminal.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

I'll check it out. Thanks