Kenwood TM-V71A Transceiver Locked Up in Cross Band Repeater Mode

Hi,

I have a Kenwood TM-V71A 144/440mhz transceiver that is "locked up" in CBR ("Cross Band Repeater") mode. Note: In this mode, the Kenwood radio "acts" like a repeater.

When this transceiver is set for CBR mode, most other functions are disabled. I am unable to get it out of CBR mode. Note: I have used CBR mode many times, and I never had a problem getting the radio our of CBR mode until recently.

I have the SM (.pdf) and tried the "Full Reset" procedure and the "Adjustment Mode" procedure, but nothing happens. CBR mode prevents these other procedures from taking "effect".

This transceiver does not use an internal battery to hold memory settings, etc. Instead, it uses an eeprom.

I searched the web for a solution, but found none. I also used "contact us" at Kenwood's web site, but I have not received a response to the problem, only an acknowledgement they received my message.

Thank You in advance, John N3AOF

Reply to
jaugustine

factory reset procedure? stuck switch? bad ribbon/contact ?

Reply to
N_Cook

PROBLEM SOLVED:

I just received an email from Kenwood and was told to try holding the "REV" button (alternate to "TONE" button), then turn on the power. By golly, it worked!!!

John

Reply to
jaugustine

so that nugget is now out in wwwland factory reset different to "full reset" ?

Reply to
N_Cook

Youtube could have told you that.

Reply to
dave

Not a reset, just a change of mode. Cross Band Repeater locks all the controls, for obvious reasons.

Reply to
dave