Kenwood KR-V7020 acts strange & blows fuse

Hi All,

I'm not a repairman, but do attempt the easy ones. I like this receiver, but suddenly it does weird things.

With power applied, a relay inside is clicking on/off about 4/sec. The On-Off PB is not stuck (checked the small sw inside). Got that far into it. After a few of these clicks, the main fuse blows, but the relay keeps clicking. Strangely, selecting the FM, stops the clicking. This happens with speaker connected, or not.

Any ideas where to look? I do not have Service Manual.

Regards,

RichK

Reply to
RichK

Sounds like something is shorting out, you'll need a service manual to really do anything with it.

Reply to
wattersmt