Keeping the monitor "alive"

I have an older HP Visualize C-200 that uses an old non standard video connector. I bought an adapter to convert it to VGA but now my monitor does not sense that the computer is running. The monitor shuts off in about 5 seconds and I have to cycle the power or reconnect the VGA to make it come back from standby. The light turns from green to amber right away and the monitor goes to standby.

Is there some way I can short out twon pins on the 15 pin VGA so that the monitor stays on all the time?

Thanks in advance.

Lazarus

Reply to
Lazarus

Was the original connector a 9 pin D instead of 15 by any chance ? Maybe the converter doesn't implement all the signal lines ( although I can't fathom how that can be )

Here's some info on the VGA pinout FWIW

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

No it looked like a DVI-I but it is not; it is about 1/4" longer and has 2 more columns of pins (total of 30 pins). I think HP calls it an EVC-M. you can do a eBay search for this item.

HP 8120-6861 Graphics 11" Cable EVC (M) - DB-15 (F)

Reply to
Lazarus

Jack F. Twist