JVC XV-N332 DVD player factory reset procedure?

My son messed with the settings and the unit now has audio only, no picture. Does anyone know the factory reset procedure? When I plug it in while holding STOP and PLAY on the device, it shows N3320U in the display. Pressing menu repeatedly brings up various codes, then all the LED elements on, then CHCK but nothing about reset.

I tried leaving it unplugged for several days now, but no change.

Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Yimin

Reply to
Yimin Rong

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 05:22:56 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong put finger to keyboard and composed:

Has he switched to Progressive Scan on a TV that doesn't support it???

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Don't know. How would I find that out and correct it? /YR

Reply to
Yimin Rong

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 15:57:48 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong put finger to keyboard and composed:

Examine the remote control for a Progressive Scan button.

I think it is labelled "PSCAN" in the following example:

I expect it would be a toggle.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I see a [p] on the LCD display on the DVD player, so likely that's the problem (i.e. on progressive scan).

This is what the remote looks like:

Not seeing anything like PSCAN. I've read about various tricks on other makes to toggle it back, none work. Tried contacting JVC directly, no reply.

/YR

Reply to
Yimin Rong

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:20:59 -0800 (PST), Yimin Rong put finger to keyboard and composed:

According to the user guide ...

... "to switch the scanning mode between Progressive and Interlace, press and hold VFP-I/P on the remote control for a few seconds".

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thank you, that did it! And now I can print a copy of the user manual!

Regards,

Yimin

Reply to
Yimin Rong