JVC VCR HR-S7600U Only on for 3 seconds

My wife had finished watching a tape and was putting in a new one, when the VCR shut itself off. Now, whether I push the power button on the unit or on the remote, the VCR will turn on, then turn off after about 3 seconds. The video will output whatever channel the VCR is tuned to during that time.

If I insert a tape, then the unit will turn on for about 14 seconds - long enough to load the tape and wrap the tape around the upper cylinder.

Opening up the unit, the belts are a little loose (the unit is 4 years old), but all of the motors seem to work and spinning properly. During the tape load process, the tape is fowarded and reversed. I left it unplugged for 24 hours to no avail. I also tried holding the power button on the remote for

7seconds, which only caused the kid-lock to become engaged.

When the unit is 'off' the clock is displayed as appropriate. After I reapplied AC power, the unit went into its 'Auto' mode to get the time and channels. This is about a 2 minute process. It did get the time from a local TV station, and it also retrieved the channel list.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul

The power supply section may be failing. This has to be verified first.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG ========================================= WebPage

Electronics

If I insert a tape, then the unit will turn on for about 14 seconds - long enough to load the tape and wrap the tape around the upper cylinder.

Opening up the unit, the belts are a little loose (the unit is 4 years old), but all of the motors seem to work and spinning properly. During the tape load process, the tape is fowarded and reversed. I left it unplugged for 24 hours to no avail. I also tried holding the power button on the remote for

When the unit is 'off' the clock is displayed as appropriate. After I reapplied AC power, the unit went into its 'Auto' mode to get the time and channels. This is about a 2 minute process. It did get the time from a local TV station, and it also retrieved the channel list.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Jerry G.

I have teh very same problem. At first when this problem started, I could unplug the unit and let it "rest" for a few minutes and then it would be OK for a few days. Now nothing will fix it. I get no power-up and it just says "Auto" in the desplay. It would not even eject last time I tried it. I had to physically stand the unit on end and shake it to get the tape out. Did you ever find and answer? freeheadspins snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
freeheadspins